Shot by @charleneartistry
The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 claims to be a long-wearing, buildable and breathable foundation that provides lightweight, medium coverage with a healthy, satin finish. Here are my pros and cons:
- long wearing
- easy to apply
- doe foot applicator is very convenient for putting the product on the face instead of using your fingers
- available at most drugstores
- cute packaging
- has options for warm, cool and neutral skin tones
- looks very natural and like second skin; not cakey
- Contains SPF 20 which doesn’t do anything since it is recommended for you to apply AT LEAST SPF 30 for sun protection
- applicator is nice but isn’t the most hygienic since it goes on your face then back into the product
- pricier than most drugstore foundations ($15.99 USD)
- Medium shade range (16 shades). Shades are separated into 4 categories (Light, Medium, Dark and Deep) and there’s only 1 Cool and 1 Warm shade and 2 Neutral shades per skin tone category (ex. LC1, LW2, LN3, LN4)
- not full coverage; the most it builds up to is medium coverage (isn’t advertised to be full coverage though) so you’ll need to use concealer for problem areas
All in all, this is the best foundation I have ever tried at the drugstore and I consider it one of my holy grails. It beats some high end foundations that I’ve tried where they’ve felt cakey and like they’re suffocating my skin. The foundation looks so natural and luminous (not dewy or oily) on the skin. Some customers might have a problem with the doe foot applicator being unhygienic but I suggest applying the product to the back of your clean hand instead of your face directly. Applying directly to the face can be harmful especially for those who suffer from acne because the bacteria will stay on the applicator.
According to the website, the foundation is compatible with all skin types and features Physicians Formula’s exclusive Brightening Complex and Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate, brighten and improve the appearance of skin tone. Added boost of Vitamins A, C & E provides a flawless, healthy coverage.
If you want the appearance of healthy skin at a drugstore price then I definitely recommend getting Physicians Formula’s The Healthy Foundation!
Follow me on Instagram @charleneartistry